1. Where is the farm located?
Spread over 48 acres of land, our farms are located in Bagpath, UP.
2. Do you have your own farm or do you source milk from farmers?
Unlike any other milk, Purely Life is not sourced from farmers. We have our own farm (completely owned and managed by us). Therefore we have complete control over the breed, feed and health of cows which in turn leads to complete control over the quality of milk.
3. What are the available facilities at the farm?
- All the basic amenities are available at farm to make our subscribers feel comfortable during farm visits.
- Our world-class boutique dairy farm is built to meet the international standards.
- With several facilities such as German technology milking unit, climate controllers, massage brushes, cleanliness tools, health monitoring tags and high quality feed and water, we keep our cows comfortable and happy.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art-facility and processes, our farm is technologically advanced and strictly follows ethical guidelines.
4. What type of fodder is available at the farm?
- Cows are fed the highest quality of ingrown green fodder without any insecticides or pesticides.
- We have expert nutritionists who monitor and control the diet of our cows. We organically grow Maize, Alfalfa, Makhan Grass, on our lands to prepare wholesome meal for them. The cows are also fed Flax seeds, Soya, cotton seeds, almond hulls etc.
- Different menus are created as per the age of the cow, considering their individual physical need.
- Our farms are installed with Total Meal Ration machines – it helps mix all the fodder for the cows to create a uniform mixture of grains, proteins, minerals, vitamins, and other important nutrients into a single mix.
5. Can we visit the farm?
Yes, we conduct farm visits on a monthly basis. We take a group of 15-20 customers once a month to help themhave a better understanding about the effort that goes into it.
6. Are there any other activities carried out at the farm?
We also indulge in Organic Vegetable Farming as well as processing of Vermicompost (Kechua Manure).
1. What do you mean by organic milk?
Organic milk is produced from cows that are allowed to graze at pasture for at least 8 hours/day, all feed has been produced without the use of artificial fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides. No antibiotics or artificial hormones are permitted.
2. What is so special about Purely Life Milk?
Purely Life Milk doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives. Free from artificial steroids or oxytocin, our milk is sourced from cows grazing on organic green pasture. It is also antibiotics and aflatoxin (fungus) free.
We have our own direct farm-to-table model with no middleman or delivery agents. Purely Life’s Organic Cow Milk is delivered in refrigerated conditions to your doorstep from the farm instantly after milking, pasteurization, and automated packaging, maintaining the cold chain.
There are no intermediaries involved in the supply chain, thus ensuring that there is no scope for adulteration of any kind. We have our own logistics team and there is no additional delivery price added to the milk costing.
With the help of the German-based GEA Company, our milking process and packaging unit is fully mechanized, involving no human contact. We believe that happy cows give the healthiest milks. Following this philosophy, our cows are allowed to roam free and bask in the sunlight.
3. How is it different from other milk which is available in the market?
Our milk is not a standardized (artificial process of adding or extracting fat and SNF) milk. There are no additives or preservatives in this milk. So, it is Cow Milk in its most natural form. It is farm fresh when it reaches your doorstep and not 5-10 days old or sourced from farmers.
4. The concept is from Farm to Home. How will you transport the milk?
As mentioned, our milk is instantly pasteurized, chilled and packaged in glass bottles after milking. After packaging, the milk is transported from factory to company Depots in refrigerated vans. From depot, Purely Life’s Organic Cow Milk is delivered to your doorstep in the morning between 6 am to 11 am.
5. At what temperature is the milk preserved?
The milk is chilled to 2 C to 78 C within 3 seconds and then again reduced to 2 C in 3 seconds to eliminate even the slightest chance of bacterial growth. This process is called, pasteurization.
Ideal temperature to understand the real taste of milk is at 18 to 20 C to get that sweetness of milk.
6. What varieties of milk do you supply?
We supply low-fat, skim and whole cow milk.
7. What is whole milk?
Milk from which no constituents are either added or removed is called Whole Milk. Whole milk is pure milk containing all the goodness in its intact natural form straight from the cow.
8. Do I need to boil this milk?
No, our milk is completely pasteurized, it can be consumed straight from the bottle.
9. Cow milk is usually yellow in colour. This doesn’t seem very yellow. Why?
Yellow colour in milk is mainly due to presence of carotenoid. Some breeds have high amounts of it while others have low amount of carotenoid generation. Hence, the yellow tinge in the milk can vary by breed, the food and other factors.
Presence of less yellow tinge is nothing to worry about. It is due to the fresh seasonal diet fed to the cows.
After boiling and refrigerating the milk, you can witness that the malai/cream layer on the top is slightly yellow.
These days lot of people use artificial carotene to make a milk variant yellow and sell it claiming to be cow’s milk.
10. Is your milk A1 or A2?
- We don’t make any claims on A1 A2 as this can only be determined by DNA test of each and every cow in the herd. Those who make such claims without the DNA tests are basically misleading the consumers and are spreading misinformation.
- This whole A1 A2 thing is a false propaganda being spread to incite fear among consumers and extract premium, however the truth is that 98% of milk in India is by default A2. (refer NBAGR website)
11. Is your milk certified?
Yes, we are licensed by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
12. What do you mean by antibiotic free milk?
We don’t use antibiotics on our cows. Cows that are on antibiotics due to a severe ailment are kept in different barns and their milk is not used in the normal milking chain as it has antibiotic in it. If you consume antibiotic milk, it can make you resistant to future antibiotic treatment.
13. What is pasteurization? Is your milk pasteurized?
- Pasteurization is the method in which harmful bacteria of the milk are killed by heating the milk at a particular temperature for a stipulated time period, while maintaining its nutrient value to make it safe to drink.
- Our PHE equipped farm which pasteurizes the milk within seconds to maintain the quality and taste of the milk.
14. I can’t set good Dahi with the milk. It’s quite runny. Why is that?
Farm fresh milk sourced directly from the udder contains relatively low natural Solids Not Fat (SNF) in comparison to conventional milk brands.
Therefore, the process of setting curd with this Milk is completely different from conventional brands. Follow the given process:
- First, completely boil the milk and let it cool down a bit to the temperature when you put/mix culture.
- Cover the vessel with a cloth or set it in an insulated vessel to maintain the temperature.
- The setting of curd will take a tad bit longer as compared to usual process. Once set, we recommend you refrigerate it, to set perfectly.
15. How can we test the quality of milk supplied to us?
- We conduct frequent farm visits to establish the trust and transparency.
- We conduct lab tests and share the report with our consumers on a regular basis.
- Consumers are free to get the samples checked at any lab.
16. Is Purely Life milk safe for children?
Yes, it is absolutely safe for everyone in the family.
17. Is your milk suitable for lactose intolerant?
No, it is not suitable for lactose intolerant.
18. What is the shelf life of the milk?
2-3 days under refrigeration.
1. Which breed of cows do you have?
We have Holstein-Friesian.
2. Is desi cow’s milk better?
All cows in India are Desi cows as the export of animals in India was banned in the 90s. Breeds like Sahiwal or Gir just have a slightly higher percentage of fat.
3. Do you give hormone injections to the cows?
No, we don’t use any kind of artificial growth hormones or Oxytocin etc.
4. How do you handle sick cows?
- In case of a cow falling sick or needing treatment, she is kept in a different barn.
- There is a withdrawal period as defined by the standard government milking norms where until the withdrawal period of the animal is not over the milk is discarded and not used in the normal milking cycle.
5. What kind of fodder do your cows eat?
Cows are fed the highest quality of ingrown green fodder without any insecticides or pesticides.
We have expert nutritionists who monitor and control the diet of our cows. We organically grow Maize, Alfalfa, Corn, Makhan grass on our lands to prepare wholesome meal for them. The cows are also fed Flax seeds, Soya, cotton seeds, almond hulls etc.
Different menus are created as per the age of the cow, considering their individual physical need.
Our farms are installed with Total Meal Ration machines – it helps mix all the fodder for the cows to create a uniform mixture of grains, proteins, minerals, vitamins, and other important nutrients into a single mix.
1. Is your milking process manual or automatic?
From the German-based GEA Company, we have completely automated state-of-the-art milking process with an auto cut off system. We don’t believe in force milking our cows.
2. What kind of packaging do you use?
We use lead-free, food grade glass bottles and pouches.
3. Do I have to return the empty bottles? WillI be charged, if the glass bottle breaks?
- Yes, the empty bottles have to be returned on every next delivery.
- Yes, there will be charge in case of damage to the bottle. Usually we don’t charge for breakages. Breakage of bottle will be charged INR 100/- (per bottle). Same will reflect in the monthly billing.
How much time between milking and the delivery of the milk?
Within few hours of milking, the milk reaches your doorstep.
4. How will you maintain optimal temperature during transportation?
We maintain cold chain by employing cold store equipped transportation from farm to your doorstep.
5. Is there any delivery charge?
We offer Free Home Delivery.
1. How can I get this milk delivered?
We offer Pre-paid milk subscriptions. The subscription can be made from the website or you can give us a call on our customer care helpline number or drop us a message on WhatsApp!
For website, all you need to do is register yourself and make your subscription as per your preference and requirement. You can follow these simple steps to get your subscription:
- Log-in to your account via website. Register yourself and fill in the details.
- Once you have logged in, recharge your wallet as per your comfort level.
- Choose your subscription from the various modes available. All this can be managed by just a click of a button.
- In case of any assistance, you can call us on our toll-free number or drop a message on WhatsApp.
2. What is the mode of payment?
You can pay via:
- Online mode (Credit card, Debit card, Net banking, other wallet options).
- Offline Mode: Cash / Cheque (In case of cash collection please intimate us about it via call or mail).
3. What is the ordering procedure? Any particular delivery timings?
- Order should be placed in advance of 24 hours for expected date of delivery.
- Any change in the scheduled delivery will be considered if intimated before 5 pm, one day prior to the day of delivery. Please note, informing the delivery boy is not admissible, the customer care department is the only interface for this.
3. Can I opt out of the milk subscription temporarily?
Yes, you can stop it temporarily at any time of the subscription.
4. Can I get a refund on my advance payment?
Payment made in advance for monthly or yearly package will not be refunded.
5. Is there any additional charge in addition to the subscription rate?
No, there is no additional charge whatsoever.
6. What areas do you currently deliver the milk?
We deliver milk in Delhi/NCR region.